Monday, March 26, 2012

Quick and Easy Baby Rompers


        Its been ages since I've sewn anything for the little ladies of the household. These little rompers are super easy to do, and you can even use an dress you already have! If you use a dress, you'll want to make sure its on the long side. I decided I didn't want to continue selling kids clothes in my Etsy shop, so I've got tons of these little dress sitting around. ( You can see the tutorial for how to make these dresses here. )


     I marked out four inches in the center of the dress on both the front and back.


      I sewed narrow elastic around the bottom of the dress, except between the marks.


      Next, I added extensions on the centers, so that it will snap between the legs. Because I made this dress a while ago, I didn't have anymore of this fabric to use. I just used twill tape, and cut two four inch long pieces. I sewed them on, where I had marked earlier.


      Next, add some snaps, and it's all done! You might even manage to get your snaps straight, unlike mine.


       I like ones made from cotton for a dressier look. She has a store bought one made from eyelet which is so super cute. That would be a good fabric choice as well.


        I also made a knit one from scratch. It is just a tube of fabric that is shirred at the top with elastic thread. I did the bottom the exact same way as above. For the straps, I made two tubes of fabric and slid elastic through them.


      The stretchy straps are very easy on the shoulders of busy little people...especially ones who have just learned to crawl. This gal has got places to go, and things to do, every second of the day.


      Off topic, but aren't those chubs just the cutest?! Can't believe how fast she is growing. Sniff. OK, back to the rompers.


      Have fun sewing!

2 Samuel 22:47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation
Pin It

linking to:
Home Stories A to Z

4 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! You've been "tagged", stop by my blog for details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little rompers are so cute!! My niece just had her first little girl and I would love to make a few of these for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for showing how you made it! I love how you added the extra fabric for the snaps. All the other tutorials I have found seem to make it more complicated than it has to be!!

    ReplyDelete